There are currently no available positions.
ASAP Internship Opportunity
DFTC offers internships in our Adolescent Substance Aubse Program (ASAP), as well as in our Outpatient Medicaid Program. Often students will work within both programs when they are interning.
Internships can begin and end at different times throughout the year. Commonly, we are looking for interns to start in the Fall (September- June) and the Winter (January-September). We prefer interns to be available for two continuous semesters, or 9 months to get the full experience of the internship. Additionally, we treat internships as possible job interviews post-internhip, for those students who may be interested, and at times when we are looking to expand our staff.
Interviews for the January start date are held each November, and interviews for the August/September start dates are held each February/March.
The Adolescent Substance Abuse Program (ASAP), is an intensive outpatient treatment program for adolescents. ASAP differs from most treatment programs because we approach substance abuse treatment from a family systems perspective, utilizing family therapy models as our overall treatment philosophy.
Because of this, we work with the whole family as the “client” and work to support change in the system as a whole rather than just the adolescent. We believe this leads to more lasting change for the whole family. Additionally, we believe that the family is the biggest resource in most cases and parents/caregivers are most connected and invested in the outcome of their adolescent’s treatment. We want to partner with the families to support the struggling adolescent.
Requirements for the internship position:
- Students must be interested in working with adolescents and their families and learning family therapy treatment models.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter, flexible, and able to work collaboratively in a team.
- The position includes evening hours and Saturdays. Groups are held from 6-7:30 pm, and evenings are often the best option for working families and when adolescents are in school.
- Spanish speaking is a plus!
- Our team will review resumes and applications, and qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- If the candidate is offered a position, they will need to submit to fingerprinting and background checks, as well as show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
How to apply?
Our team will review resumes and applications, and qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. The candidate must submit to fingerprinting and background checks if offered a position.